Energy Storage Beyond Lithium-ion: Emerging Technologies for India
Global interest and discussion around storage technologies beyond lithium-ion batteries have increased over the last few years. Grid-connected long-term storage technologies are now integral to the expansion of renewable energy use.
WATCH THE FULL EVENT HERE
India has set an ambitious target of meeting 40% of its energy needs from renewable sources and installing 450 GW of RE capacity by 2030. This has led to a rise in bids and interest in hybrid storage projects. It has therefore become imperative to explore alternatives to the lithium-ion storage technology that is currently in use.
With developments in large duration and long-term storage technologies, such as metal-air batteries, gravity and hydrogen, exploring options that suit Indian conditions is important.
We have assembled a panel of experts who will address, among others, the following points:
- Grid/utility-based storage scene in India and storage projects currently in development.
- Alternative technologies for Li-ion and their state of research activities happening in India.
- Long-term seasonal storage activities and policy guidelines for promoting storage systems in India.
- Financial competitiveness of new seasonal storage technology such as gravity storage, hydrogen energy storage, etc (techno-economics).
This webinar is organized as part of the Innovative and New Clean Energy Technology Forum (INCETF). The objective of the forum is to enhance the knowledge, gain valuable insights, and accelerate clean energy transition with panel discussions from industry leaders and government stakeholders on all the latest trends and developments in renewables.
- Dr PC Maithani, Scientist-G, Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE)
- Dr N Kalaiselvi, Director, Council of Scientific & Industrial Research, Central Electro Chemical Research Institute
- Dr Nilesh Kane, Chief-Distribution (Mumbai Operations), TATA Power Mumbai
- Debi Prasad Dash, Executive Director, India Energy Storage Alliance (IESA)
- Dr Tejas Kusurkar, Co-founder, Offgrid Energy Labs
- Veronica Garcia, Founder, Bitlumens
- Dr. Saurabh Tembhurne, Co-founder, SoHHytec SA
- Moderated by Deepak Krishnan, Associate Director, Energy Program, WRI India